Hi! I'm Mel, a Filipina artist and writer, and this is my journal comic.
Tags: Journal Comics | Conversations
Other Sites: Art Blog | Portfolio | Facebook
Like my work? Tips and signal boosts are always appreciated. ♥
Thank you so much for dropping by.
Hi, everyone! It’s time for my next Icon Day, this time a Summer Duo Special where my friend Layne will join me in creating your tiny art! ;)
They’ll start as sketch icons and will go up as tips are collected. :D If enough tips are collected, you can unlock Tier Incentives such as colored icons and extra icons!
Sound cool? Feel free to request an icon over Dreamwidth! It’s also available on LiveJournal :D I would appreciate if you would tell your friends about it, too. Please signal boost and spread the word! Everyone is welcome to request something. ♥
Thank you for your time!
Hey guys! This is still going on!! The tip tally is currently at $38.25 and we’re $11.75 away from unlocking inked icons for all!
Should we reach a tip tally of $100, we’ll unlock colored icons for all!
All we ask if you request and are unable to tip is to please signal-boost this project! Please consider dropping by and leaving a tip. Any amount you can contribute will greatly help the two of us, artists who have lots of projects up their sleeve and dream of big things! :D
Thank you! <3
Here are some samples of our work:
Results of Icon Day 1: Unlocked inked icons for all!
Mel’s samples of previous colored icon commissions
Layne’s samples of sketch icons
- Student: Teacher Mel?
- Me: Yes dear?
- Student: Are you married? :D
- Me: ... me??? Married???
- Student: Mmhmmm :D
- Me: Do I look married to you? :)
- Student: Ehehe noooo :)
- Me: Why did you ask that?
- Student: No reasooonnnn~
- Me: ... I do have a boyfriend though~
- Student: :3!!!
Doodled in class. Yup… finals.
My friend suggested I try doing this journal in different formats… so have some non-comic journal art. :D
Remember that journal comic I started? No? Well, let’s try this again.
The reason I stopped was because they took me too long to finish. Today’s doodle took way long too long to be a doodle. You may notice a lot of style fluctuation in my stuff, even in the same comic. I’m trying out all sorts of ways to draw faces and bodies faster but nicer.
I thought “maybe I am, too” rather than “I wish I was, too,” because… there really may be times I just forget what it is I have. It’s just that things become very… difficult, and everything seems bleak.
My emotions upon seeing that pin ranged from annoyance, jealousy, and anger, to self-pity and guilt. That statement pin shouldn’t have bugged me so much, but… the way it’s worded put me off. It felt “in your face.” If it had been “too blessed to be sad,” it’d be okay. Everyone feels sad at one point or another. It’s another to be like “haha I’m too blessed for that depressed shit.”
Then again, being so bugged by a stranger’s pin, a stranger I didn’t even talk to, is a problem in itself.
- Me: yup yup i'm making some crafts
- Brain: HEY HEY HEY WANNA MAKE THAT RAINBOW CAKE
- Me: shut up brain at least let me finish
- Brain: IMMA LET YOU FINISH but BAKING CAKES IS THE BEST HOBBY OF ALL TIME
- Me: brain stop
- Brain: OF. ALL. TIME!!!!
- Me: okay fine brain i'll bake
- Brain: hey you wanna sew a plushie?
- Me: F*** YOU BRAIN
- Genderfluid: def.
- wondering if your saliva is male or female
- *tastes saliva*
- [circa 2008]
- Mom: You know, I saw this digital dictionary thing. English to Filipino... Filipino to Chinese... but they didn't have Japanese to English or English to Japanese.
- Me: *fiddle fiddle fiddle*
- Mom: There was this one song we used to sing all the time when we were kids. I can't remember the lyrics...
- [rain drizzles outside]
- Me: Okay mom I've got it worki--
- [very off-key to the tune of "Mary Had a Little Lamb"]
- Mom: ♪ Chutto maaaaaaaaaatte kudaaaaaasaaaaaaaaai~
- Mom: kudasaaaaaaaai~
- Mom: kudasaaaaaaaai~~~
- Mom: Chuuuuuutto-
- Me: Chotto.
- Mom: -- *CHOOOOOOOOOOOOTTO* maaaaaaaaaatte kudaaaaaaasaiiiiiii
- Mom: Aaaa, sowwwwwwwww de-SOOOOOOOOOOOO kaaaaaaaa~ ♪
- Me: ... ... ...
- Mom: What does kudasai mean? "Thank you"?
- Me: It means--
- Mom: ♪ INNN THE ISLAND OF JAPAAAAAAAAN~
- Mom: FAMOUS FOOOOOOOOOOOR
- Mom: THE RISING SUUUUUUUUUUN~
- Mom: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES A GIRL I WANT TO SEE~
- Mom: FAIR SUZUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~~~ ♪
- Mikee: Missy.
- Me: Mm?
- Mikee: What's one way to annoy an artist? Like something to make them draw.
- Me: Huh? I guess get them to draw water.
- Mikee: Will you draw me some water?
- Me: ... /wrist